lundi 17 août 2015

Cali y el Petronio Álvarez

After our stop in Salento we headed to Cali (the Salsa capital of America Latina) for the Festival de Música del Pacífico: El Petronio Álvarez. The Petronio is a music festival decicated to the music of the Pacific coast of Colombia and more generally to the afrocolombian culture.

The festival was a blast! Five days straight of music and dance. Trust me, we unlocked our hips and sweated buckets. It was funny to see all the blacks getting their smartphones out to film the dancing gringos. They were impressed and pleased to see that we were having so much fun and that we didn't hesitate to join fully the party. Again we have been interviewed casi every night :)
The people were fueled with Viche, an alcohol based on sugar cane that comes in different color and tastes. The most appreciated one, which is transparent, was for me very similar to gasoline or white spirit, but well you've got to learn to appreciate a culture and its specialities...

Viche Stand
The rest of the time in Cali we enjoyed the feel of this city. It is not particularly beautiful, but the nightlife and the people are great. We met again with some travelling friends for some great nights. Learned a lot of Salsa and went to swim in the river. There we also met another big group of travellers from France and Colombia with whom we stuck for a while. The main langage in the group was Spanish which was good for my progression. By the way I am getting better!

On the not so good side, I got attacked one of the nights by a group of five with knives very close to a street full of people. I could do absolutely nothing and so was Geo and the people who could see everything. I just letted them take everything from my pockets. Everything was not much as I only take a bit of cash with me on nights out, and moreover they didn't find the biggest bank note I had in my pocket. It was just a very stressful moment, but well these things happen in every big city and even more so during a massive festival.

View in Cali
Geo looking at the view
Military and pigeons
Bonus, a bit of music:



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire